Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: colind ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Heat Wave Sunday Morning Lounge is OPEN

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rusty Stumps Posted - 02/03/2019 : 07:49:33 AM
Good morning RR-L Crew this fine WARM morning after the coldest days in a long time. Not sure if HOT Coffee is the ticket or COLD Ice Tea?

OK, we'll go with the hot Rail Bender coffee and scrambled eggs along with an nice slice of grilled ham and home fries on the side. That out to put some pink in your cheeks. Cold OJ on the side and a tray piled high with fat pills to round out the fair. Belly up boys and eat to your hearts content.

Mary and I are off to Church in a few were we'll have hot coffee and a fat pill. I may just cut mine in half as we will be going to Chilly's for Fajitas for lunch. We love them and Chilly's treats us great and makes up our tray just as we ask. Fact is we go there so often for them we don't even have to tell them what we want anymore!

That's it, we'll be back after lunch as I have a full plate of RSSM stuff to work on and Mary is deep into her geology to the point Ancestory.com is getting to know her quite well. She calls them twice a day because of system issues.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the WARM Train Yard. And don't go wearying shorts, it's not that warm.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Rusty Stumps Posted - 02/03/2019 : 2:31:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Tom and Karl, I agree. I'm looking at a small (for travel) Windows machine that I can load some of my software on. I liked my iPad for traveling, but as you guys pointed out, it's limited in other areas.

George

I have a DELL Insprion 5 (500 series) I use for travel and remote use. I use Team-View to run my desktop unit off it when I'm away. Works great as I have the complete home screen on the laptop. Plus Team-View is FREE if you don't use it in a commercial setting.
Rusty Stumps Posted - 02/03/2019 : 2:28:04 PM
quote:

I dropped my iPad yesterday and it hit concrete on it's edge. I'm going to be shopping for a replacement in the next few days. I'm trying to decide between another iPad or a small laptop. I will use it primarily for travel and Kindle. I'm leaning toward a lap top because I can do more with it.

Have a good day.
George

I dropped my cell phone a while back and screwed up the screen. I use T-Mobile and got an LG Incipio pretty low cost and I love it. Does all I'd ever want and more.
George D Posted - 02/03/2019 : 1:01:33 PM
Tom and Karl, I agree. I'm looking at a small (for travel) Windows machine that I can load some of my software on. I liked my iPad for traveling, but as you guys pointed out, it's limited in other areas.

George
tloc Posted - 02/03/2019 : 12:01:34 PM
George, like Karl I use the IPadPro and it is a great communication device. I miss the cut and paste ability of Windows but not all the virus type issues they seemed to have. My son says I need a AppleMac computer not an IPadPro for what I want to do with pictures and designs. Apple is supposed to be a better graphic machine. Weíll see after I complete the photography class I am taking this semester.

Like Karl sayssmall laptop may fit what you want.

Tom

Tom
k9wrangler Posted - 02/03/2019 : 11:01:15 AM
quote:

Good morning, Walt and crew. We're supposed to be in the 50's in our corner of Virginia.

I dropped my iPad yesterday and it hit concrete on it's edge. I'm going to be shopping for a replacement in the next few days. I'm trying to decide between another iPad or a small laptop. I will use it primarily for travel and Kindle. I'm leaning toward a lap top because I can do more with it.

Have a good day.
George

I bought the Doll an iPad 4 years ago, liked it as a communication, internet scanning and email so fell into the Apple aura and bought myself an iPad Pro, thinking that they would have come up with some programs that were worthwhile, looked forward to some of my PC things like Corel and Photoshop but the iPad versions are not what Iíd hoped for, then when I got into CAD with Fusion360 and itís nothing but a shadow of functionality. I could go on and on.

Look into a small laptop or a Microsoft surface if you want to be able to do the same things you expect from your computer, an iPad would be fine for basic internet, email and your ebooks and such.
deemery Posted - 02/03/2019 : 10:47:04 AM
Turns out a family named Emery were early settlers in this part of NH, including a farm/farm stand that's still in the descendants' family. Whenever I go, I ask if there's a family discount :-) (No connection that we know of, but we haven't traced the Emery name back to the 1600s. Dover NH was settled in 1623, and plans for our 400th anniversary are well under way.)

Work today focuses on the stone viaduct, finishing assembly and then priming before tackling painting.

dave
George D Posted - 02/03/2019 : 10:28:23 AM
Good morning, Walt and crew. We're supposed to be in the 50's in our corner of Virginia.

Have a good day.
George
k9wrangler Posted - 02/03/2019 : 09:46:03 AM
Genealogy is a very big part of the Dollís life. Sheís a charter member of Ancestry.com, Newspapers.com and Find-a-grave and has spent thousands of hours over 35 years involved in investigating her family background, and mine. Weíve traveled to more cemeteries than I can remember. Driven hundreds of miles to different places including a family plot up a steep hill overlooking a valley in the SE part of Ohio, Coshocton. She located the previously unmarked grave of a multi-great grandfather that was in the Civil War, enlisting at the age of 61. Through her efforts the Sonís of Veterans of the Civil War and the Dept of Defence obtained a Veterans Grave stone and had a Military Dedication. Her latest accomplishment is publishing a book of her history in hard cover thru Ancestry.com. She has traced my family back to the Mayflower and John Alden and Pricilla, discovered a large amount of information happy and tragic about my ancestors. She follows find a grave and answers requests from other people for pictures of ancestors buried in area cemeteries as well as photographing graves of military veterans and placing them online. Recently she found a set of family photos at an estate sale that were headed to the dumpster. She rescued them, found a name and after several days of research found living members of the family that were not aware of the photos and returned them to the family who were overjoyed to receive them.

Me Iím enjoying the hot weather, 41 just as I opened the forum pages this morning, itís a mixed bag day and not sure what the plans are. Too much snow to go grave hunting. :). I hear there is something going on the sports world today. You canít say the name without permission so I wonít say Super Bowl, you didnít see that.

Everyone have a good day. Warm and dry.
slimrails Posted - 02/03/2019 : 09:40:07 AM
Good Morning, Crew, and thanks for opening up, Walt! Just coffee for me right now. It's 37į and cloudy here in my part of NE Ohio and, although the forecast high is supposed to be 52į, I doubt it'll get that warm. Regardless, let the thaw-out begin! Today I'll clean up my work bench and inventory the rolling stock. I have some cars that need weathering, a tank car that needs stripping, painting, and lettering, and others have to have couplers and detail parts reattached. I'll get it all done. Eventually. Have a great day, everyone.
potsy Posted - 02/03/2019 : 09:30:11 AM
Thanks for opening Walt I won't be eating breakfast today it is prep day for colonoscopy tomorrow !! just liquids and jelly all day.
the real stuff starts at 2 p.m.

Have a great day as for me not so much

Mark
Dutchman Posted - 02/03/2019 : 09:15:48 AM
Good morning Walt and the rest of the crew. It is partly sunny and 70 here in Lakewood Ranch, FLA.

I will be mostly taking it easy today, but apparently will be helping our son hang a large mirror and a large metal sculpture on the wall. The mirror will be straight forward, but the other will be a challenge. I see some light chain and mollies in my future.

I am also working on a new clinic - actually it will be an expansion of one that I have given before in a shorter time slot.

Have a great day!
tloc Posted - 02/03/2019 : 08:59:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Wonder if Mary has ever been up to the Fort Wayne Allen County Library. They house the second largest Geneology department, Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City being #1. I know that folks come from around the world to examine records. They even have staff members and volunteers to help gather info.

Have a Super day!

Jim

I know people really get into this. It is great that there are resources available to help. I knew about the Mormon library in Salt Lake City but nothing about Fort Wayne. Salt Lake City is beautiful up against the mountain backdrop. Personally I could care less about previous generations of my family. But thatís me, my BIL who passed last year on Super Bowl Sunday was very into this and also the genetic tests.

Tom
tloc Posted - 02/03/2019 : 08:47:06 AM
Good morning Walt, Jim and Crew. Walt thanks for opening and the breakfast. Warmth has encompassed Wisconsin as it is 41f degrees and the drizzle I donít think has stopped since around 3 yesterday.

Walt, nice email explaining your re-focusing of the business. Glad what you and Mary are happy doing what you do.

The cave days maybe ending due to the warmth. Basically I have gone out to feed the horses, cleaned the driveways and gotten the mail Friday and Saturday. I didnít go to the LHS as planned yesterday. Today, I must head to the store for milk as that is the only thing I need.

My credit card issue has been handled again. What a joke and I found somethings out that are disturbing. MasterCard is the holder of the card but Capital One is the issuer. When I activated the new card Friday night, MasterCard then supplied the new number to Sirius Radio. Spent almost 2 hours of which 60% of the time was on hold. Sirius deactivated the radios that were being supplied which means cars I previously owed were activated again. All handled. Capital One is my personal card and all monthly bills are handled on this, Took sometime to add the new card to those accounts.

Have a super day
TomO
BurleyJim Posted - 02/03/2019 : 08:46:48 AM
Good morning Walt, thanks for opening the lounge, coffee, and breakast. The Trifecta!I'm just back from Mass, and looking over my gluing from last night,

It's fairly slick on driveways and the side roads where the melted snow refroze overnight. There will be some nasty falls this morning.

Wonder if Mary has ever been up to the Fort Wayne Allen County Library. They house the second largest Geneology department, Church of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City being #1. I know that folks come from around the world to examine records. They even have staff members and volunteers to help gather info. Pretty impressive.

Good deal on re-focusing RSSM. You might have missed a previous question, what is the finest resolution you are able to print at?

Time to go out and re-arrange the slush on the driveway.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000