|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 02/13/2012 : 10:40:24 AM
Since so many others have started threads on their layouts, I thought I would do the same. I'll still create separate threads for my projects and post the final results in this thread.
Back in September, Hurricane Irene invaded my basement layout room. Not too bad, but it did damage the carpeting. This is the second hurricane to affect me, the first being Hurricane Floyd in 1999. So, I had to rip out the carpeting, both times. I shoul dhave installed a sump pump after the first time, but I didn't.
After Irene, I did install one. It took our plumber four months to get to us. Meanwhile, my layout was designed to come apart in sections. So, I disassembled the layout in December so the plumber could have easy access to where the sump pump would go.
Then, I needed electrical outlets installed to run the battery backup and normal pump. That was in January.
Then, on Friday, new carpeting to hide the ugly tile floor was installed.
Which brings you up to date! Below is a series of photos of the modules being reassembled. The layout is 13' x 11'2". And, in the left hand side, out of view, is where the sump pump is.
|15 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 04/02/2021 : 08:59:37 AM
Most excellent Chuck!
||Posted - 04/02/2021 : 08:43:32 AM
Beautiful job, Chuck.
||Posted - 04/02/2021 : 07:35:15 AM
Excellent model, Chuck.
||Posted - 04/02/2021 : 03:58:53 AM
Those F&G kits aren't easy.
I started one and gave up.
You did a fantastic job on these kits.
Thanks for sharing.
||Posted - 04/01/2021 : 11:38:08 PM
Chuck, wow what a beauty!
||Posted - 04/01/2021 : 11:06:05 PM
A very nice looking model, Chuck.
||Posted - 04/01/2021 : 8:10:00 PM
Nice!! I always appreciate seeing the completed undercarriage for passenger cars.
I wonder if there'd be a battery compartment for lights for an MoW car.
||Posted - 04/01/2021 : 8:04:56 PM
I had my head down at the workbench for a few weeks, working my butt off on the next car for the NMRA Achievement Program. I just finished up the next car for the Cars Achievement Program certificate. This car will be my required passenger car for the program.
This is a resin Funaro & Camerlengo B&O 50 foot C-15 baggage car in HO scale. I substituted the UC brake details from Cal Scale for the cast resin components in the kit. And the trucks are prototypical for this car, which I purchased from Bethlehem Car Works. I wanted a short passenger car since I am currently not running passenger trains. And, I decided to "repurpose" the car to my Maintenance of Way Department. One more car to go....
||Posted - 03/17/2021 : 11:10:58 AM
Looks good, chuck.
||Posted - 03/16/2021 : 6:23:54 PM
Havenít logged in to Railroad Line Forums in a very long time. It was nice to see your layout progress from the beginning.
I plan to follow in the future.
||Posted - 02/18/2021 : 11:53:40 AM
That is an impressive build Chuck!!
||Posted - 02/18/2021 : 11:33:00 AM
||Posted - 02/18/2021 : 11:06:10 AM
Great job on a difficult build, Chuck.
||Posted - 02/18/2021 : 10:38:42 AM
Chuck, really unique looking piece of rolling stock, very excellent work on it!
||Posted - 02/18/2021 : 10:27:51 AM
Nicely done, Chuck! Keep going!