Railroad Line Forums
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 86 ]  [ Total: 86 ]  [ Newest Member: Dakkon ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Maine Highlands

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Posting Form
Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

Callouts: Insert Speech Icon: duh! Insert Speech Icon: oops! Insert Speech Icon: sigh! Insert Speech Icon: ugh! Insert Speech Icon: wow! Insert Speech Icon: yeah! Insert Speech Icon: ok! Insert Speech Icon: yes! Insert Speech Icon: no!
Message Icon:              

Smilies
Alien_125 [:-alien] Angel_125 [:-angel] Angry [:(!] Apple_125 [:-apple]
Approve [^] Ashamed_125 [:-ashamed] Banghead_125 [:-banghead] Baseball_125 [:-baseball]
Basketball_125 [:-basketball] Batman_125 [:-batman] Big Smile [:D] Bigeyes_125 [:-bigeyes]
Bigeyes2_125 [:-bigeyes2] Bigmouth_125 [:-bigmouth] Black Eye [B)] Blindfold_125 [:-blindfold]
Blush [:I] Boggled_125 [:-boggled] Boring_125 [:-boring] Bouncy_125 [:-bouncy]
Brokenheart_125 [:-brokenheart] Bulb_125 [:-bulb] Bunny_125 [:-bunny] Captain_125 [:-captain]
Censored_125 [:-censored] Chef_125 [:-chef] Clock_125 [:-clock] clover_125 [:-clover]
Clown [:o)] clown_125 [:-clown] Cold_125 [:-cold] Cool [8D]
Cowboy_125 [:-cowboy] Crazy_125 [:-crazy] Cry_125 [:-cry] Cyclops_125 [:-cyclops]
Dead [xx(] Devil_125 [:-devil] Disapprove [V] Disguise_125 [:-disguise]
Dog_125 [:-dog] Doggy_125 [:-doggy] Dopey_125 [:-dopey] Drool_125 [:-drool]
Drunk_125 [:-drunk] Dunce_125 [:-dunce] Eight Ball [8] Evil [}:)]
Eyebrows_125 [:-eyebrows] Fight_125 [:-fight] Football_125 [:-football] Ghost_125 [:-ghost]
Glasses_125 [:-glasses] Gnasher_125 [:-gnasher] Goldfish_125 [:-goldfish] Golf_125 [:-golf]
Graduate_125 [:-graduate] Grumpy_125 [:-grumpy] Headache_125 [:-headache] Headphones_125 [:-headphones]
Hearts_125 [:-hearts] Hockey_125 [:-hockey] Hot_125 [:-hot] Hypnotized_125 [:-hypnotized]
Idea_125 [:-idea] Indifferent_125 [:-indifferent] Irked_125 [:-irked] Jester_125 [:-jester]
Jump_125 [:-jump] Jump2_125 [:-jump2] jumprefect_125 [:-jumprefect] King_125 [:-king]
Kisses [:X] Kitty_125 [:-kitty] Knockout_125 [:-knockout] Love_125 [:-love]
Magnify_125 [:-magnify] Masked_125 [:-masked] Mean_125 [:-mean] Mischievous_125 [:-mischievous]
Mohawk_125 [:-mohawk] Moptop_125 [:-moptop] Mouse_125 [:-mouse] Mummy_125 [:-mummy]
Nonono_125 [:-nonono] Ouch_125 [:-ouch] Paperbag_125 [:-paperbag] Party_125 [:-party]
Piggy_125 [:-piggy] Pirate_125 [:-pirate] Propeller_125 [:-propeller] Psst_125 [:-psst]
Pumpkin_125 [:-pumpkin] Question [?] Sad [:(] Scared_125 [:-scared]
Shades_125 [:-shades] Shake_125 [:-shake] Shock [:O] Shy [8)]
Sick_125 [:-sick] Sing_125 [:-sing] Skull_125 [:-skull] Slaphappy_125 [:-slaphappy]
Sleep_125 [:-sleep] Sleepy [|)] Slug_125 [:-slug] Sly_125 [:-sly]
Smgreen_125 [:-smile_green] Smile [:)] Smirk_125 [:-smirk] Snooty_125 [:-snooty]
Snorkel_125 [:-snorkel] soccer_125 [:-soccer] Sonar_125 [:-sonar] Sour_125 [:-sour]
Spin_125 [:-spin] Splat_125 [:-splat] Star_125 [:-star] Tapedshut_125 [:-tophat]
Tapedshut_125 [:-taped] Thumbdn_125 [:-thumbd] Thumbup_125 [:-thumbu] Tiger_125 [:-tiger]
Timebomb_125 [:-timebm] Toast_125 [:-toast] Tongue [:P] Tongue_125 [:-tong2]
Tophat_125 [:-tophat] Turtle_125 [:-turtle] Vampire_125 [:-vamp] Viking_125 [:-viking]
Weeping_125 [:-weepn] Williamtell_125 [:-wiltel] Wink [;)] Witch_125 [:-witch]
Xmas_125 [;-xmas] Yawn_125 [:-yawn] Yuck_125 [:-yuck]  

-  HTML is OFF | Forum Code is ON
   Insert a File

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mainetrains Posted - 05/15/2016 : 4:15:44 PM
After an ill-fated foray into N scale I have scrapped that venture (too little for my aging eyes) and begun construction of a new HO layout.

I believe the name of the railroad will be The Maine Highlands Railway, a descendant of the now defunct Hard Knox Valley Railroad. There will be a couple of slightly refurbished former HKV RR on the Maine Highlands as a salute to the fallen flag.

I have attached some photos of the blank slate which will be the new railroad.

The upper left part of this first picture will be the location of a small yard.

This center section is 4 feet wide - I am planning on using a view block to divide the left side (town area - about 3 feet wide) and the right side which will be a transition to a country type area.

Another view of the center section.

If you look closely at this picture you will see a drop-down section which will allow a longer continuous run.

I have a basic track plan to follow but as is usually the case it will probably change when I start laying track.

I would love some info on view blocks...how to make them and how to blend them into the railroad.

I will keep you posted as things develop.

Dave
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Michael Hohn Posted - 09/08/2019 : 08:26:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by mainetrains

Just thought I would check in and say hi. Mainley to get the thread back to the top.

Dave

What have you been working on? Or is your layout finished?

Mike
mainetrains Posted - 09/08/2019 : 08:12:52 AM
Just thought I would check in and say hi. Mainley to get the thread back to the top.

Dave
mainetrains Posted - 04/22/2019 : 3:44:25 PM
Here's a couple more.

I really like the second one with the canoeists heading toward the small boat landing.

Dave
Michael Hohn Posted - 04/22/2019 : 1:28:47 PM
Your new camera is serving you well.
Tyson Rayles Posted - 04/22/2019 : 08:27:32 AM
Very nice modeling and pics as well!
mainetrains Posted - 04/22/2019 : 06:54:10 AM
I must have stumbled onto a smart camera because of outside resizing the pictures they are as taken. Proves once again, at least in my case, it's best not to over think things.

Here's another one -

Thanks for your input,

Dave
jbvb Posted - 04/21/2019 : 1:18:48 PM
That one looks good. Good depth of field, too.
mainetrains Posted - 04/21/2019 : 09:31:50 AM

Got a new camera. Trying to learn how to get the
pictures correct.

mainetrains Posted - 12/26/2018 : 3:37:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

You're making good progress on lighting your layout. Were the trailers purchased with lights, or did you install them?

Pre-lit from Woodland Scenics. A cool feature of the trailer on the left, which no photo will show, is inside the trailer is a TV with a flickering screen so it likes as though the set is on.

Dave
David J Buchholz Posted - 12/22/2018 : 10:41:02 PM
Dave, when resizing photos, 800 pixel width seems to work well for this forum. Many use an online site, Websizer"

Looks like you come a long way from the first photos. Good work!

Congratulations from one of the many others here named,

Dave
jbvb Posted - 12/22/2018 : 9:41:46 PM
You're making good progress on lighting your layout. Were the trailers purchased with lights, or did you install them?
mainetrains Posted - 12/09/2018 : 3:13:10 PM
Got some new pictures for you.

There's more I could share but until I see more
interest I see no point. I know my modeling skills don't measure up with what appear to be the standards of this forum. Unfortunately, a lack of encouragement for those who don't measure up will eventually be the death of this forum. Just remember we can not all be master craftsmen.

Dave
mainetrains Posted - 08/05/2018 : 3:14:42 PM
It's been awhile since I posted anything. Combination of summer and what seems to be a lack of activity on the forum. Anyway, I have created a scene on the layout which includes a couple of new structures - Blair Line Feeds and a Woodland Scenics pre-built Gazebo - and I moved the Campbell Supply building from the other side of the layout.

Gazebo first. As you can hopefully see it's a pretty active location with some folks dancing to a Jug Band, others just enjoying the music and a family getting some dogs from the hot dog cart.

Next some pictures of the Blair Line Feed and Campbell Supply structures. The B&A loco is waiting for the car to get unloaded while the C&NW loco waits on the outer track to spot it's cars. As you can imagine the sounds of the two diesels sometimes interferes with the music.

Finally a couple of shots from the street side of the two structures and an overview of the scene.

Hope you enjoy. As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Dave
mainetrains Posted - 04/16/2018 : 3:51:30 PM
Couple of pictures of my Greens Feed & Seed structure. In the first picture you'll see a father holding his son in his lap waiting for a box car to be spotted at the siding. His kid is really into trains. In the second picture you can see the mom chewing out the manager for letting he husband so close to the tracks with her boy.

Once the structure is 'planted' on the layout I will post some more pictures.

As always all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Dave
mainetrains Posted - 03/11/2018 : 09:31:16 AM
Been trying to upload these pictures for a couple of weeks...finally remembered to shrink the pictures. First three are of road work in what will be the main town area.

Finally a picture of my return to kit building.
Blair Line's Greene's Feed & Seed kit. Not real difficult but still gives the satisfaction of building a kit. One good thing about having old eyes is not being able to see all the small imperfections.

I have it partially completed so maybe I'll post some more pictures shortly now that I have solved my uploading issues.

Here are two pics of my progress so far.

As always, all comments and suggestions welcome.

Dave

Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000